Because democracy is not a spectator sport.
Participants at the Juvenile Justice and Youth Diversion forum co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters at Montgomery County Community College on Feb. 23, 2019.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The Pennsylvania League of Women Voters continues the fight against gerrymandering! Visit Fair Districts PA to get the latest updates and find out how you can help. http://fairdistrictspa.com
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members.
Your Elected Officials Learn More
- How to contact your elected representatives from federal to municipal level - for residents of Abington, Cheltenham, Jenkintown, Rockledge, Sprginfield and Upper Dublin in Montgomery County.
Elections Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? How to register to vote? ...and more
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Our local League of Women Voters serves a vital function in our community by keeping citizens actively involved in civic affairs and democracy.
WHAT WE DO!
Lobby to protect voter rights.
Assist voters to register before elections.
Compile and print the Voters Guide to ballot issues and candidates' experience and views.
Conduct candidate forums before elections for open discussion between citizens and candidates.
Organize legislative interviews with local legislators to check their positions and priorities.
Publish the Government Directory, an annual key to local, state and federal agencies and officials.
Hold educational programs to inform voters about important issues.